Thread: Question about folding and luffing kites

Default Question about folding and luffing kites

Hi,

My main kite is a peter lynn Twister 5.5. It's a great kite but I do no notice a few problems with it (which may be due to my inexperience).

1. Sometimes, but not always the kite will fly wayyyy past zenith, I've read that adjusting the break lines can correct this.

2. Folding - the kite will seem to just random fold itself flat, which is usually recoverable, but when not, it will twist about it's Y axis while flat and float to the ground where I have secure the lines and correct the kite. depending on how twisted it is I can correct the kite in no time, but sometimes it twists itself so bad that it take me about 20-30 mins to unfold and detangle the lines.

3. Wing tips will some times tuck in or fold in on themselves which causes the kite to then twist on itself like in point above.

4. when packing up, I wrap the lines around the handles, when I get the kite out on another day and unwind the lines, sometimes they are twisted around each other, usually one of the left hand lines will somehow of looped through the right hand lines or vice versa, does not happen a lot but enough to be frustrating. Come to think of it, this happens a lot with my ozone octane lines.

What can I do to avoid these issues from occurring?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWALKER View Post
    Hi,

My main kite is a peter lynn Twister 5.5. It's a great kite but I do no notice a few problems with it (which may be due to my inexperience).

1. Sometimes, but not always the kite will fly wayyyy past zenith, I've read that adjusting the break lines can correct this.

2. Folding - the kite will seem to just random fold itself flat, which is usually recoverable, but when not, it will twist about it's Y axis while flat and float to the ground where I have secure the lines and correct the kite. depending on how twisted it is I can correct the kite in no time, but sometimes it twists itself so bad that it take me about 20-30 mins to unfold and detangle the lines.

3. Wing tips will some times tuck in or fold in on themselves which causes the kite to then twist on itself like in point above.

4. when packing up, I wrap the lines around the handles, when I get the kite out on another day and unwind the lines, sometimes they are twisted around each other, usually one of the left hand lines will somehow of looped through the right hand lines or vice versa, does not happen a lot but enough to be frustrating. Come to think of it, this happens a lot with my ozone octane lines.

What can I do to avoid these issues from occurring?

Thanks
    Few things, it may be your flying in light wind with the kite? That can cause twists

I pack the kite and para pack the lines (stuff the down between the kite and bag, running the thought my hand walking back to the kite, better description will be offered by someone later)

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk
    radsails buggy and buggybag seat
    cameleon bug with tornado forks and buggybag seat

ozone imp 3.5 trainer
    Ozone flow 5m with turbo bar
    flexifoil sabre II 5m
    Ozone flow 2M
    pansh flux (limited edition colours) 3m and 6m
    Predator 1.8, 2.2, 3.4 and 8m
    rhombus firebee 8.5m
    Pansh Sprint 2.3 - 12.5m in red

mystic shadow 2012 in orange