Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Back in the saddle!

Thread: Back in the saddle!

Wink Back in the saddle!

Well hello there! My name is Lewis. I've just gotten back into the sport after about 6-7 years of not flying. For my re-entry I've just bought a 4m Ozone Samurai II, I used to love flying the 2m mk1 on the really windy days so figured I'd enjoy the 4m as a warm up kite. I never got into flying anything other than fixed bridles but I'm itching to get into the water so I'm sure I'll be buying an LEI soon enough.

Now, I am a self confessed adrenaline junky, and with an unhealthy lack of fear, which some doctors have associated with a personality disorder, but I dunno. I've been road racing sports bikes for years and dabbled in motocross. Bmx'ing and downhill mountain biking are also hobbies of mine, along with ice skating, cliff jumping and rock climbing/abseiling (Very much a theme on speed as you can see).

With all this in mind, I'm not sure the 4m sammy is going to be enough for me tbh, I'm also trying to get hold of a mountain board to go with it. I wouldn't class myself as a novice, and only since reading forums recently have I realised that most people would class jumping as one of the most dangerous aspects to kiting, I honestly had no idea that this was the consensus, jumping accounted for 80% of my activities before and whilst i knew my limits i still didnt see it as a big deal. Maybe I've been lucky, maybe i I just had enough control never to get injured using 3-6m fb's to do pretty lofty jumps.

Anyway, ive got a couple of days until the kite gets here and I'm starting to worry I've not bought a big enough kite. I'm very tempted to buy a 6.5 mk3 blade. But it has been a while since I've flown, so maybe I'm forgetting things, like sensibility. Like i said, i have very little concept of fear, so i guess I'm looking for a reality check. Do i buy the blade? I am very tempted, but I'm not so naive as to discount others opinions.

I'll stop writing now anyway, this has gotten too long already lol. Nice meeting you all (virtually), hope to chat soon!
    Last edited by Lewski; 30-06-2015 at 02:53 AM.
    Adrenaline junkie!

Welcome to the graveyard Lewski. Its not like it used to be but all the info anyone needs on any part of powerkiting can be still found here.
    welcome back. (Actually I havent been on here for a long time either.)

(Old kiter from original Racekites.com bought back to life) ...still carrying lots of junk amongst kites, buggy n board in my kite bag.

Still here

(Old kiter from original Racekites.com bought back to life) ...still carrying lots of junk amongst kites, buggy n board in my kite bag.

Some old faces still make an appearance every so often... ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by ausrach5 View Post
    Some old faces still make an appearance every so often... ^_^
    Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans ��