Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PANSH kites

Default PANSH kites

Hello, I'm new in this sport and just wanted to ask you all what do you think about PANSH kites ACE and BLAZE to be exact. Is it worth it to spend money or better save for a flexifoil blade. It will be my first kite. I'm a big guy so I need lots of lift power and ofcourse kite quality. Thanks for your answers

The ace and blaze are great as learner kites as they don't break you pocket. The blades are awesome but the learning curve is steep especially the older ones. That being said chances are if you fly a blade you will never find a kite like it again. As a bigger guy myself I would suggest getting the pansh as a starter and find someone willing to give you a go on the blade. Also depends what you doing with them. Buggy board or static

Well for my 2 pennies worth . . . 2 questions.

Q1, Where do you fly, at a beach or inland?

If on a beach I don't see any problems with the choice of kite, as long as you are careful.

If inland what is the surrounding area like, lots of obstructions, trees, buildings e.t.c. ? You will find turbulence from these obstructions and normally the wind will be disturbed in length for 7 x the height of the obstruction. As a rule of thumb, stick your arm out straight and stick your thumb up as if you were thumbing for a lift, looking down your arm to your thumb are any of the obstructions bigger than you thumb? If so they will cause turbulence and make flying a kite problematical.

I believe from my flying mates, although I have not flown an Ace that it has similar flying qualities to a Blade, loads of pull and lift, which is great if that is what you want.

Q2, As stevethane asks, What do you want to do Buggy, Land Board or just enjoy Static Flying? This answer may detirmine the type of kite you buy

If you are looking at Pansh kites I would suggest you look at their offer 'Buy One Get One Free' I started with 3 and 5 meter kites, the size difference allows you to fly in a wider wind range, for the lighter weight flier try a 2 and 4 meter kites.

The only negative thing I would say about the Ace / Blade style of kite (lots of lift & power) is if you get it wrong you are going up / sideways Superman style, and 'its not the going up, but coming down' that creates the problem.

For a Pansh intermediate kite have a look at the Flux, or after flying experience (below) try the 2nd hand market, the prices are quite depressed at the moment.

There are loads of reviews on the internet on the different manufacturers and styles of kites you may be interested in, but I would suggest you travel & meet other fliers & have ago on their kites and learn from their experiences. This will just cost you time and money travelling & meet them, but these monies will be well spent as you will meet a great bunch of people and will gain flying experiences which will then enable you to buy with experience.

Fly safely and have fun, its also a great work out.
    Last edited by Chaos; 28-10-2013 at 12:20 AM. Reason: no 2nd question

Hi and welcome

The Pansh Ace is a really good kite i have had the 5m and the 8m. i am a big guy to and would deffo recomend the Ace. All i would say is if you decide to go with the Ace DO NOT be brave and take it out in stupid winds. I would recoment a 3m and a 5m and those will keep you going for a while. Make sure you get some kite killers too
    Whats in the bag:
    7m Pansh Flux
    7m Flexifoil Atom
    9m Flexifoil Atom
    12m Flexifoil Atom
    Buggy: Vmax
    PB: 37.0mph 59.5kph

having owned a 5m ace and still own blade lll 6.6m and 4.9m i would not recomend any of them as a 1st kite no matter how big a guy you are. if you want a cheap deal then as chaos says get the buy 1 get one free from pansh i would go for a 3m flux and a 5m ace. learn on the 3m flux 1st then move up to the ace. quality wise you get wot you pay for and the flexifoil blades are very well made and will last a lot longer than the pansh and have a higher resale value.

Thanks to all of you for your comments. First of all the kite will be used only inland (parks, fileds etc). And only for static flying no buggies or boards (fear of death =) ) I've already tried blade 6.5 and it was awesome. And the guy that gave me the kite to try said that I was very good in handling as a total rookie. I learn really quick. So I don't want to waste my money on a kite and after a month look for a new one because the old one is boring. So that is what I can't deside. Buy a better expensive one (blade) or cheaper and probably less quality (Pansh)

Static flying with a 4 line power kite is a bit boring, 2 line foils are more fun, better still is a 4 line revolution, never get bored flying one of them.

PS the quality of Pansh kites is very high.

Level4 - that is what i really want to know. I Pansh at least similar in quality as Flexifoil? Because the price is a huge difference, so does the price show the quality of the kite?

I have been out of the sport for around 10 yrs, just got back into it because my son ( 17yrs) wants to have a go, so to keep the initial cost down i took the plunge and ordered a 1.4/2/3/4/6 m Pansh Flux kites. Go back 10 yrs i started racing on ozone razors then went to uturn kites nitro's.
    I am not disappointing with the performance and build of the Pansh kites, kites have certainly moved on in 10 yrs. I would 100% recommend Pansh flux kites to you. If you do buy use Pansh.com and get the BOGOF offer.

One more thing , get your self a buggy.