Thread: Peter Lynn Arc 1120

Default Peter Lynn Arc 1120

Hi,

I have just bought a used Peter Lynn Arc 1120, not has chance to fly it yet and just wondered what people think of this kite?

This is my first de-power kite, I have been learning with a Beamer III 3m.

I will be using the Arc for landboarding, so any advice is welcomed.

Cheers

sorry i cant help with your question but i am interested ..... how much did you pay and what size is it ? i dont know anything about the older models so keep us updated on your first flight and if you have any question regards launch and land feel free to ask ....... good luck

In all it's a beast of a sail, getting it trimmed so the sail dosent backstall when the bar is pulled 2/3rd of the way back is critical for the S-Arcs.
    The smaller ones are ok to a point and are cheap and cheerful, they lack a great deal of depower and the larger ones are really slow.
    launching is no different from other twinskins, but filling the sail through the butt flap can be a challenge, sometimes if there are 2 people it's easier to grab a tip each and hold the sail into the wind so it fills through the intakes.
    Same as other Arcs 12-15mph is pretty much the bottom end and your likely to max out at 25mph (prob less). I was a slender 21 stone and scared myself silly at times with our S-Arcs.
    If the wind gets up whilst flying get ready to hold on for grim death.....
    one last word.

Venom!

youuuuuuuuuu! i was bidding on that lol theyre good kites but as it has been said above when the wind picks up they become very very powerfull i hav a 4.6m version as a kind of storm kite for when it gets too windy for my blades

Quote Originally Posted by **Bumcake** View Post
    one last word.

Venom!

yeah i didnt like to say but for the money i'd have gone for a venom ...... just picked a 13m v1 to sit under my syn from the darkside RTF for 150 , there are bargains too be had fa sure .

how much was the s arc bud
    15M SYNERGY
    13M VENOM 1
    CUSTOM NSX KITEDECK

Thanks for the reply's.

I got the arc for 110 inc delivery, which I didn't think was too bad.

Don't think I'll get chance to fly it until next weekend sadly. However, I shall let you know how it goes.

Keep the reviews coming.

I had the 1120, and enjoyed it.
    Bumcake is the dood for the S arcs, as he ahad a few for a few years.
    i usually worked the kite to get air in through the front intakes, and when partially filled laid it down with a weight and got backto the bar and launched. Only used the `butt flap` for deflation. you will enjoy the Arcs, and the auto zenith, just beware when the windpics up too much as the S Arcs didnt have a lot of depower.

(Old kiter from original Racekites.com bought back to life) ...still carrying lots of junk amongst kites, buggy n board in my kite bag.